We all love our hair. And what’s more to it is that we want it to be voluminous and soft. But not all of us are that blessed. However, you can add volume to your hair with some simple tricks that most of you people are unaware of. So, we present you 10 such tricks for which you’ll thank us later.
1. Go for short hair over thin
Experts advise people with thin hair to keep their hairs not more than shoulders as short hairstyles like this give the impression of greater volume. Hair this long is also much easier to arrange.
2. Opt for multi layered hairstyles
These types of hairstyles give an impression of greater volume and also, it suits every face type. You should keep it as an uneven or messy fringe.
3. Add some colours
This is a very unique way to give the illusion of voluminous hair. This can be ordinary highlights or the shatush method, where you use several different shades of one color.
4. Washing hair the right way
Many a times, washing hair the wrong way causes a lot of trouble for your hair. Try washing it the following way:-
1. Start by rinsing your hair with hot water. It will open the cuticles, which is good for removing any dirt or product trapped in the hair. When your hair is rinsed in warm water, it loosens the oils through the scalp and opens the cuticles so they are able to absorb the oil.
2. Apply shampoo only to your roots. Then spread the lather along the length of your hair. The ends of your hair are always drier and more brittle, so you shouldn’t rub them.
3. Apply conditioner or a mask only along the length of your hair. Moisturizing shampoos, when applied to the roots, only make them heavier and flatten out your hair.
4. Wash your scalp on a regular basis. This will improve blood circulation and get rid of dead cells.
5. Try not to wash your hair every day. This can remove a protective layer from your hair that results in it being weaker, inturn depriving it of volume. It’s also better to use dry shampoo.
5. Lifting up the roots
There are a variety of options available to it. From hair sprays to tongs and those curlers. But if you’re out of these, you still have an option left. Your hairpins are enough to lift them up. Just place them in your wet hair and allow it to dry before removing them. Your roots will be slightly raised, giving it a natural look.
6. Avoid too much styling foam
Nothing in excess is good and the same applies to this. If you apply more of styling foam on your hair than actually needed, then you’re going to lose the volume and also, your hair will stick together. Apply the following rule to prevent over using it: for styling short hair, all you need is a ball of foam about the size of a walnut. For medium-length hair, it should be approximately the size of a hen’s egg, and for long hair the size of a tennis ball.
7. Use the principle of creative chaos
Familiar with this principle? If yes, you know how this works. Smooth, carefully combed hair often looks far too smoothed-out and flat. A little bit of chaos, on the other hand, can be your best friend if you’re seeking more volume. This can be achieved by styling your hair in light waves, holding it back only loosely with a hair band, or using styling foam.
8. Using dry shampoo
This can also be substituted by baby powder. Both of them are life savers when you have no time to wash your hair. Just apply them on roots, they’ll remove all the dirt and excess oil , and you’ll have voluminous hair.
9. Dry your hair from below
Your way of using hair dryer can have a huge effect on the outcome. If you dry your head from below, it’ll give you more volume. Simply lower your head so that your hair hangs down in front of your face, and direct the hot air from your roots to your tips. Alternatively, simply lift the upper part of your hair and dry it in a vertical position.
10. Adjust the parting
A huge change can be seen in the volume of your hair, if you avoid that usual centre parting strategy. Just go for a different one like zig zag or side parting, or no parting at all.