Sleep plays prominent role in our physical health and is involved in healing and the repair of your heart and blood vessels. It helps in organizing the work and store memories during sleep. Lack of sleep affect our body functioning, result in hormonal imbalance and affect our immune system. Our immune system is something which protects us from many disease and lack of sleep result in weak immune system. The sleep foundation promotes the well being as it explains sufficient amount of sleep a person needs and proper distribution of sleeping hours is done by the national sleep foundation.
Lack of sleep is an issue for each particular person.
Sleep deprivation can lead to many hazardous health problem and can put your health on risk and leave to many severe heart diseases. It affects our immune system as it increases the risk of chronic diseases like diabetes.
lack of sleep not only affect your inner health it will affect your outer look like dark circles , under eye bags and redness and sluggish look on your face more over lack of sleep affect your confidence level too.
Disease like diabetes is acquired by sleeping less than 7 hours as it will affect your physique as loss of weight and feeling uncomfortable during the day time. Many consultant say that insufficient amount of sleep could lead to some long term diseases.
Listed below are recommended sleeping hour
The national sleep foundation panel revised the recommended sleep range for all age group:
- the new born should sleep for 14 to 17 hours each day
- The little bit grown up new born (infants) should sleep for 12 to 15 hours.
- children of age from 1 to 2 years should take sleep by one hour for 11 to 14 hours
- Preschoolers ageing from 3 to 5 years widened by 1 hour are from 10 to 13 hours.
- Children of age from 6 to 13 years should take sleep by one hour from 9 to 11 hours.
- Teenagers of age 14 to 17 years should sleep by one hour from 9 to 11 hours.
- Younger adults of age 18 to 25 years should sleep from 7 to 9 hours.
- Adult of age 26 to 64 years should sleep from 7 to 9 years.
- Seniors of age over 65 years should sleep from 7 to 9 years.
These are the main reasons for sleep problems:
Sleep problems can be caused by various factors which includes physical disturbance, stress and technology. Stress releases some particular hormones in body which results in lack of sleep and technology promotes the reduction in release of melatonin which is necessary hormone for sleep.